Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In a Food Funk?

Well we sure were! I was tired of making (and eating) the same old recipes. So I have started making a new recipe at least once I week. I will share the keeper recipes with you...I will try to get a photo of each as well as I intend on making a "Mom's Cookbook"for each of the girls.


Here is my first entry....


Broccoli Cottage Bake


16 oz cottage cheese

16 oz frozen broccoli thawed & chopped (I used all broc)

(or 10 oz broccoli & 7 oz red peppers - it's up to you!)

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar

4 eggs, beaten

3tbs Parmesan cheese

3tbs dry bread crumbs


Heat oven to 350f

Mix all ingredients until well blended

Pour into 9" pie plate (spray plate with cooking spray)

Bake 45 minutes or until center is set

Let sit 10 minutes & serve


------


We served this with melon & toast for dinner. It was really good & easy and could also be a breakfast food.

No comments: