Saturday, May 16, 2009

New On My Bookshelf


Is.....


Charlaine Harris' "Dead & Gone" The 9th book in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire books.


I truly enjoy reading the Sookie collection. Since getting "sucked" in to the series I have devoured each book as quickly as I could. I really like the way Charlaine writes. They are a nice, fast read but they are well written and complete in the plots & character development.


I now can not wait for book #10.


HBO has a series based on the books called TrueBlood. Season 1 was pretty much book #1, so I am guessing season #2 (which airs on June 14th) will cover book #2 - I am very curious to see how that goes......


Charlaine also writes a few other series - I have read a few of them as well - although the Sookie series is my fav I did enjoy the Harper Connelly series (the #4 book will be released this year). They are about a woman who after getting struck by lightning can sense & find dead bodies and can "see" their last moments....weird, but good....


Anyways, the kids are sleeping and I have a pile of sewing to get done.....

No comments: