Sunday, May 11, 2008

Featured Artist - My Mom & Aunt!!




Hi, my name is Tammy. My sister Jody and I started selling our jewelry and key rings several months ago. We have always been creating new things for as long as I can remember. Crafting has always been a huge part of our life and now our children and grandchildren are following the same path. It feels good to know they are using their imagination to create new and unusual gifts.






My sister is a wonderful primitive/folk art painter and I love to sew, making dolls and quilts. We've mostly made gifts for other people and love how much they appreciate the time and effort that goes into a handmade gift. We both LOVE accessories so the idea of making jewelry and key rings just seemed to fit. Also, using recycled game pieces made really fun and unique items! We're just getting started but are getting alot of great feedback from our pieces. Finding the right illustrations and embellishing each one is becoming very addictive and we're having a ball!




We have alot of variety and I think our pieces will appeal to almost everyone and of course we will do custom orders if you have a special picture you would like to see on a pendant or keyring. So, have a look at our site and let us know what you think. I can almost guarantee you'll find something you just can't live without!! You can find us at http://squigglesandsquares.etsy.com/

4 comments:

Callooh Callay said...

These are very cute! I especially like Lucy.

robyn's nest said...

Very cool feature! I saw your post in the Etsy forums. My shop is robynsnest.etsy.com

Barbra said...

Great post. Their shop is terrific.
allaboutthebuttons.etsy.com

Beadin By The Sea said...

You picked the perfect day to brag about your mom! Great post and lovely items. Saw you in the forums, my shop is http://beadinbythesea.etsy.com